Google’s Zoom rival is now free for everyone: Uddfel Technologies Limited wrote about this Video conferencing because it is one of the trends of 2020, and it’s all because of the primary trend of the year, the novel coronavirus pandemic. Billions of people are practicing some sort of social distancing right now, which involves using video chat apps more than ever. Those lucky enough to be able to work or study from home have to rely on video chat apps for work purposes. And everyone else uses the same apps to stay in touch with their friends and family now that face-to-face meetings aren’t possible.
Zoom quickly became the must-have video chat app. It works on all sorts of devices, it supports plenty of people, and it lets you share the screen o your computer with ease. Google’s Zoom rival is now free for everyone But, as more people got on Zoom, it was soon discovered the app had various privacy and security issues that needed fixing. Several competitors emerged, looking to steal market share from Zoom, including products from Facebook and Google. And Google Meet premium is available free of charge to everyone.
The exec reminded users that Meet is built with strong security protections in place, a clear hit at Zoom and other competing products:
- We provide a strong set of host controls such as the ability to admit or deny entry to a meeting, and mute or remove participants, if needed.
- We do not allow anonymous users (i.e., without a Google Account) to join meetings created by individual accounts.
- Meet meeting codes are complex by default and therefore resilient to brute-force “guessing.”
- Meet video meetings are encrypted in transit, and all recordings stored in Google Drive are encrypted in transit and at rest.
- We don’t require plugins to use Meet on the web. It works entirely in Chrome and other modern browsers, so it’s less vulnerable to security threats.
- On mobile, we have dedicated Google Meet apps in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Meet users can enroll their account in Google’s Advanced Protection Program—our strongest protections available against phishing and account hijacking.
- Google Cloud undergoes regular rigorous security and privacy audits for all its services. Our global compliance certifications can help support regulatory requirements such as GDPR and HIPAA, as well as COPPA and FERPA for education.
- Your Meet data is not used for advertising, and we don’t sell your data to third parties.